Top 5 Insights
- Increase the quality and quantity of courses and curricula on cyber-security as graduates continue to self-rate themselves the lowest in their knowledge of securing data and infrastructure.
- Offer professional development to Masters students. Graduates from programs that include a professional development department receive salaries that are nearly $10,000 higher.
- Invest in student organizations, resume books, and career counseling as they contribute the most to whether graduates receive job offers.
- Celebrate the diversity in this STEM major which is more diverse than US college graduates overall and compared to computer science.
- Invest in Bachelor and Masters programs in IS as they are both in the top 10 degrees overall in demand by employers (NACE, 2016).