Top 5 Insights
- Bachelor’s and Master’s IS students are more likely to get an offer if they do at least one internship. Surprisingly, experience has virtually no impact on offers.
- Consulting and Data / Analytics make up about 40% of all jobs and rising, while systems analyst jobs are declining sharply since 2013.
- IS Bachelor’s lack confidence in software development and cyber-security skills.
- Bachelor’s IS graduates improve their offer chances by spending more hours on professional development including resume building and participating in career fairs.
- Female representation is increasing significantly at the Bachelor’s level but decreasing for Master’s. African American representation has not improved since 2013.