Top 5 Insights
- The highest paying major in business schools is information systems.
- IS has one of the fastest national placement rates with 74% placed upon graduation and 85% at six months compared to the national cumulative rate of 49% (Nace, 2017).
- IS graduates in general and especially from the 34 participating universities are aligned with industry; graduates rate themselves the highest on skills that match what employers want.
- Placement rates are better when departments offer specific student development resources such as a student organization, relationships with firms, career fairs and counseling rather than rely on university level resources.
- IS graduates are positive about their future career with 81% satisfied and enthusiastic about their job offer.